How to Participate in the Adopt-A-Highway Program in Lexington and Richland Counties
1. Gather an interested and enthusiastic group who is willing to adopt a state or city maintained primary or secondary road and be responsible for picking up litter along its right-of-way on four designated Saturdays a year for a two year period.
2. Select a road in Richland County or Lexington County to adopt. To see if a road you are interested in adopting is available, click on the appropriate county road list (You must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these lists. To download the Reader for free, click here.):
|Richland Roads 2019|
If the road you are interested in adopting is listed, please e-mail or call (803.733.1139) to confirm it is available. On rare occasions, the road may have been adopted but not yet updated on the list.
If the road you are interested in adopting is NOT listed, please contact Keep the Midlands Beautiful to discuss possible options.
3. Complete the Adopt-A-Highway form below after you have selected your road and confirmed that it’s available. Mail the completed form to: Keep the Midlands Beautiful, 1307 Augusta Rd, West Columbia, SC 29169.
4. You will receive further instructions from Keep the Midlands Beautiful once we receive and process your application.
5. Your designated group leader must attend an official safety training session before your group can participate in your first pickup. Keep the Midlands Beautiful holds three safety training sessions the month before each pickup. At the training session, safety precautions will be discussed and trash bags and safety vests will be distributed. These supplies will be provided to each group free of charge.